This morning, Major League Soccer announced the next three games to round out the month of September, as well as the 2020 playoff details.
Clubs are still playing within their conference and the Colorado Rapids schedule is:
- Saturday, September 19 at 8:30 p.m. MT at LA Galaxy
- Wednesday, September 23 at 7 p.m. MT vs. San Jose Earthquakes
- Sunday, Sept. 27 at 7 p.m. MT vs. Sporting Kansas City
It sounds like there will be more matches after September, but the details are still being worked out.
Per the Rapids’ website, “Rapids home matches will continue to be played without fans in attendance. The club continues to work closely with MLS, local health authorities and government officials to examine the feasibility of safely hosting fans.”
MLS Cup Playoff Qualification
While the exact dates haven’t been confirmed, the MLS Cup Final will be held on December 12.
Here’s what we know so far:
- 18 teams will qualify: 8 from the West and 10 from the East
- In the West, the top 6 teams will go directly to Round 1. In the East, the top 8 teams will go directly to Round 1.
Seeds 7-10 will have a play-in match, with the #7 and 10 seed playing each other and the #8 and 9 seed playing each other. The lowest seed winner plays the #1 seed in the East and the highest seed winner plays the #2 seed in the East.