After a weekend of physicals, fitness testing, and mandatory protocols, the Colorado Rapids are heading to Southern California today to kickoff the 2020 preseason.
Besides the 25 players who are already signed, the preseason roster includes 2020 draft picks right back Jeremy Kelly and left back Robin Afamefuna, 2019 draft pick defender Jacob Hauser-Ramsey, and six trialists from the Rapids Academy or outside of the club.
From the Rapids Development Academy:
- Abraham Rodriguez: 17-year-old goalkeeper who appeared in 16 matches for the Colorado Springs Switchbacks last season
- Will Vint: 18-year-old central midfielder who spent time with Manchester United’s Academy and most recently with Atlanta United 2 in the USL before returning to his home state
- Darren Yapi: The 15-year-old forward had a great season with the DA and in MLS Generation adidas Cup qualifying
- Andres Alarcon: 18-year-old centerback for Argentinos Juniors who is known as an excellent passer
- Brian Lopez: 20-year-old defensive midfielder from Racing Club in Argentina who can cover lot of ground, is an accurate passer, and has good range
- Kwadwo Poku: 27-year-old attacking midfielder who has experience with NYCFC, Anzhi in Russia, and most recently played for the Tampa Bay Rowdies in the USL
You can find the entire preseason list—including player numbers for those of you keeping track—here.