Here’s a quick hit of everything that happened tonight when the Colorado Rapids played Boca Juniors:
- The Rapids came out in a 4-4-2 and it seemed to work well.
We’re coming out in a 4-4-2 diamond tonight. Graphic will be back on Saturday when we return to @AltitudeTV.— Colorado Rapids (@ColoradoRapids) July 25, 2018
DF: Hairston, Hamilton, Wynne, Colvey
MF: Acosta, Azira, Gashi, Serna
FW: Jackson, Boli
- Boca Juniors went up 2-0 early.
- Yannick Boli put in a sweet volley to get the Rapids on the board in the first half.
- All of the Charlotte loanees were here. Sam Vines got his first game in burgundy when Kip Colvey went out in the first half. Caleb Calvert and Ricardo Perez subbed in the second half. Vines had a great game.
- The game was super chippy and both Boli and Marlon Hairston almost got into multiple scuffles.
- Boli also went down multiple times and ended up subbing out in the second half.
- In the second half, Enzo Martinez scored his first goal in burgundy.
- Things settled down and the Rapids looked decent. It was a fun game to watch.
- Carlos Tevez subbed in for Boca and the crowd went wild. He was clearly the guy that the fans were here to see.
- There were more than 6,000 tickets sold and a large part of the crowd was wearing blue and yellow, but Rapids fans also showed up and were loud.
At the end regulation, it was tied 2-2 so the game went to penalty kicks. Jack McBean, Dillon Serna, Enzo Martinez, Deklan Wynne, and ZAC MACMATH all score and the Rapids with the Western Union Cup!
We won silverware you guys!
Catch the highlights here.