clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game Recap: Colorado Rapids 1, FC Dallas 1

Dallas got a late goal to keep their unbeaten streak alive.

MLS: Colorado Rapids at FC Dallas Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports

FC Dallas got a late goal right before stoppage time to keep their unbeaten streak alive, and the Colorado Rapids got away with a road point when they almost took all three.

After the match, Head Coach Anthony Hudson said he was “incredibly proud of the players. To come to a difficult place like this, against a team that are constantly very, very strong at home, I’m just pleased. Pleased with the performance. We’re scoring in every game now, we look a threat going forward, and I think, in the end, it probably was a fair result.”

Hudson had to tweak the starting lineup due to injuries to Marlon Hairston and Danny Wilson, starting Kip Colvey on the wing and Axel Sjoberg for Wilson. Nana Boateng was another change, starting instead of Enzo Martinez.

The first half was dominated by FCD, with their first chance coming in the 19th minute and getting several more chances throughout the half. In the 25th minute, Dominique Badji got a good look when he tried to shoot the ball back across the net, but ended up putting it just within reach of the keeper Jimmy Maurer.

The Rapids came out looking a little better in the second half, and in the 62nd minute Badji laid the ball off to Joe Mason who put it past Maurer to lift the Rapids 1-0 with just under 30 minutes left. Mason explained that the “play is something we’ve worked on in training and it’s not come off too many times in the actual game, but today we managed to get a goal out of it.”

Jack Price got himself another yellow card, making three cards in three games. Johan Blomberg had a blast in the 74th minute, but Maurer dove and pushed it wide.

It was looking like the Rapids were going to get all three points, and then Mauro Díaz sent a header to Cristian Colmán. He jumped over Deklan Wynne and Tim Howard was frozen in place as it went far post. After five minutes of stoppage time, the final score was 1-1.