It is hard to believe that 2016 is finally here and the staff at Burgundy Wave has a list of resolutions to share with the soccer world. And yes, some of them may involve the Colorado Rapids.
I hope you enjoy:
From Erik (@Bear217)
This year I thought I would do something unprecedented: say nice things about the Rapids/Pablo/ et al. This is a big step for me, and would require me to not to stay at the tailgate as long as I do before the opening kick, but this is important to you lot, and it was "suggested" (albeit with lots of sharp objects and pointy words) that I take a gentler approach and more coddled tone with the club, much in the way the FO has done with Pablo. I should more readily forgive numerous mistakes that would normally result in firings rather than openly criticise, and accept the dismissal of players that clearly are our only good thing we have because even the beer sucks. Oops. I think I already broke it.
From Peter (@milehighsoapbox)
My resolution for the Rapids is that they compete this year and make it hard on teams coming to Dick's Sporting Goods Park. They need to use that home field advantage.
From Richard (@richardterry85)
In terms of a new years resolution in respect to the Colorado Rapids, I would hope ownership will open the chequebook and sign new players that will make an impact. Sure, Marco Pappa is a great signing from Seattle, but we need around 5-6 more players that can play with the first team to make a playoff push in 2016.
From Todd (@toddbrossart)
1. Pro/Rel for USA.
2. Colorado Rapids host Harpos FC in the U.S. Open Cup. (Hoping for an upset)
3. For the third straight year, I'm guessing there will be a banner flying over Estadio Dicks at the end of the season. I'd like to make a suggestion to those in on the joke. Consider the following phrase, "Who wants a mustache ride?"
4. I'd like to see the FO use some of that new corporate sponsorship money i.e. Western Union to reinvigorate the Cantina with some NACHOS!
5. Win at least one more game than last year. (Seems like an obtainable goal but I'm less than hopeful for 2016)
6. Sign Richard Terry as a Homegrown player.
7. Retain the Rocky Mountain Cup.
8. I'd like to see Rapids supporters or fans (whatever you call yourself) roll back the band-aid and voice your opinions a little more this year. In theory, team President's and FO's work in a results oriented business. Easily let go they can be.
9. 2007 called, they want their gimmicky Arsenal Cannon back. (PLEASE roll that thing AWAY)
From John (@patrickmac05)
Honestly, my only resolution is more of a wish. I wish the that the Rapids would tell us what the plan is. Is the plan to win with young players or grizzled veterans? It seems to me that they do not know what they are or what they want to be. I can handle the losses if I understood the vision. The thing that scares me most is that I am not sure they know what their vision is.