I'm not sensing a lot of excitement over the All-Star Game taking place in our backyard. The tickets are pricey, only one Rapids player is playing, and Tottenham Hotspur is the MLS' opponent. While many fans are lukewarm toward the proposition of going to the All-Star Game, here's why I'm looking forward to it.
- That's a lot of stars in our house. I'm looking forward to seeing Gerrard, Lampard, Kamara, Giovinco, Bradley and other stars that are putting MLS on the soccer map. Agreed, Gerrard and Lampard do not deserve to be on the team--but if I put my, "Oh-this-is-an-exhibition-so-this-will-be-cool-after-all" hat on, it'll be a treat.
- It's a great chance to beat Tottenham Hotspur--and that's always a great day should Tot'num go down in flames. (Thus says the Arsenal fan.)
- Drew Moor is on the team. I couldn't agree with our resident rabbi more: Drew deserves a spot on this team. I hope the Colorado Rapids fans in attendance welcome him with a Burgundy Thunder!
- An epic B-52 will fly over the stadium either before the game or at halftime! Even if you're not into airplanes, that will be just part of the festivities. I know my kiddos will love it!
- It'll be interesting to see who gets more cheers: Tottenham or the MLS All-Stars. What's your guess?
- Don't forget the tailgating.
We're put in the spotlight again--so let's take advantage of it. You know, we must be doing something right if Commerce City was awarded the All-Star Game for the 2nd time in seven years. Are you going? Why? What are looking forward to the most? If you're not going, why not? Sound off in the comments section!