I had the opportunity to email back-and-forth with Rapids Director of Broadcasting Richard Fleming. Most Rapids fans, indeed fans around the league, would be more familiar with Richard in his capacity as the play-by-play commentator for the broadcast team. He does quite a bit more than that, though, with his responsibility extending to the creation of Rapids programming on Altitude (the "Rapids Report"), supervising television and radio coverage, and generating and overseeing content for the Rapids website.
What Richard has the power to do, in my view, is tell the story of the Rapids. We do so here on the blog, and have been doing so faithfully for some years now, but Richard has a kind of access to the club that bloggers like us can only dream about. Thus, I thought it was appropriate to start asking him questions about how he sees that story, what its cultural context is, and where it's going.
Richard was very generous with his answers, so there will be very little commentary from me.
In This Stream
More From Burgundy Wave
- MLS rule changes for the 2020 season
- Game Recap: Rapids beat Orlando 2-1 in home opener
- Rapid Recall #COLvORL: Leaving it late in the home opener
- UPDATE: Rapids sign goalkeeper William Yarbrough
- Colorado’s Lindsey Horan assists Team USA in win over England in SheBelieves Cup opener
- Game Preview: Colorado Rapids vs. Orlando City SC