All right, I'm going to be completely honest here, I don't remember much from that game. I mean, I was there, and I watched all of it, but I was too busy enjoying myself with the other C38 crew there to remember much of anything. Also I never learned anyone's name so that didn't help matters.
Here's some tidbits:
* Georgia was playing what looked like a 4-3-3 with three large targets up top, trying to overwhelm the smallish Colorado defense. Colorado came out in a 4-4-2 and looked like they were going for a width-based game, though they weren't particularly good at it.
* Both teams were playing hilariously bad soccer, which is what you expect from a USSSA team taking on an NPSL team, I suppose. It made for some very high entertainment value, who says Barca are the most fun team to watch in the world?
* The first goal came somewhere around a half hour in when a botched clearance or two in the box left one of Georgia's forwards wide open for an easy finish.
* Colorado equalized after a terrible mistake by the Georgia goalie allowed Marc Herschberger's ball to slip through a few minutes into the second half. (If it sounds like I don't know what times were, it's because the scoreboard was hilariously screwed up. At one point it said we were in the sixth quarter.)
* The penalty kicks were unremarkable, with Colorado going down early and then everyone making their kicks until the end.
* Shea Stadium is kind of a dump, the corners had slopes to them and there was a ditch that all the balls on the far side kept falling into. Also, the place is so small that when I did my famous 'Ball control in the gay bar' heckle at their goalie, every single person on Georgia's bench turned and gave me a 'What the fuck, man' look. One of my finest moments.
...That's it. Good night everyone, see you next time when the Foxes try to enact some Coloradan revenge on the Revs!